Lead Voice Designer
7 days ago
The lead voice designer will support the team in planning their work. They will oversee and assess the quality of the work related to the voice content. Also, they will foster the team to set their deliverables, manage their dependencies, give technical support, and coach the team to resolve issues that could prevent them from reaching their objectives.
The main and routine tasks of the lead voice designer are to:
- Set out the voice design with the core team in the project design phase.
- Understand the games technical and artistic constraints and important aspects, story, gameplay, vision, to be able to direct/coach the team.
- Organise and Coordinate the activities and resources required as part of the production process at all project phases.
- Challenge team members, whenever necessary to ensure that all technical decisions are sound and based on facts.
- Ensure the team has the technical support required to ensure members are able to work effectively.
- Provide visibility, for the team on the progress and deliverables (planned and actual deliverable) and implement solutions to avoid gaps.
- Approve/ensure the approval of the work carried out by the team members at the end of each project phase (iterative process).
- Mobilise the work team by regularly gauging team morale, determining the root cause of issues and implementing relevant solutions.
- Meet with employees under their responsibility regularly to give them feedback and help them progress.
- Implement or optimise work methods and processes for the team that are adapted to the project needs.
- Communicate general project information to the team to update members on the progress of the game and the other working units and ensure that relevant team information is relayed to the immediate supervisor.
- Carry out performance assessments throughout the year.
- Write the annual report and the end-of-project report of the employees under their responsibility and help them identify their growth path.
- Participate in the recruitment of new members of the team and ensure the integration of new employees.
- Help create a healthy, inclusive and positive work environment and escalate issues that could affect employees, or the project as needed.
- Develop a culture of sharing and push for continuous improvement within its trade community.
- Carry out all other related task.
Training and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in audio for film/TV/Game postproduction
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in audio/voice for video games
- Experience in voice recording/editing and integration
- Must have delivered over three games, including at least one on a next-gen console
Skills and Knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to manage stress and change
- Managerial courage
- Time and priority management skill
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build effective teams
- Sense of initiative
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of the other game production disciplines.
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of DAW’s Reaper, Pro-tools
- Knowledge of current engines, Wwise
What to send our way
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey !
With a team of more than 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues its ascension. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec team recently assumed the leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and they also has just finished working on a brand new game, Immortals Fenyx Rising.