This job might no longer be available.
Lead Virtual Production software developer
14 days ago
We are looking for a Lead Developer to help us with our continued efforts to advance and maintain our existing Virtual Production Pipeline, with a view to increased artist flexibility, improved integration with our postproduction pipeline and increased scale of our operations.
Our current Virtual Production Pipeline is using Unreal Engine 5, supported by Maya 2022. Asset and animation authoring happens in Maya and our pipeline exports this data to Unreal via USD (Universal Scene Description). This role covers all these areas with primary focus on how we transition data back and forth between Maya and Unreal using our in our Asset Management System.
The VFX Pipeline is at the heart of every production and is a key part in helping our artists deliver amazing work and this is the same in Virtual Production; if you are passionate about data, architecture, artist and TD quality of life, and want to make meaningful contributions to one of the most productive environments in the industry, we want to hear from you
- Work with, and inform, leadership to shape the technical implementation and architecture or key client services for the Virtual Production pipeline.
- Help leadership to track progress and outcomes and provide key insight when a change of direction is needed.
- Work with projects across Film, Episodic and Virtual Production to provide solutions and guidance for their pipelines
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Contribute to developer facing or user facing documentation as applicable.
- Operate as a domain specialist and point person for multiple teams or projects when applicable.
- Taking responsibility for code quality, always leaving projects in a better state than before you started work.
- Take part in the hiring process by screening applicants, participating in interviews, or posing interview questions as required.
- Provide some level of operational support for the pipeline as required.
- Work with the product owner and stakeholders to establish requirements and report progress.
- Advanced experience with Computer Graphics in a VFX or AAA Game setting.
- Advanced experience in a pipeline or tool development role.
- Production-level experience using Python for desktop applications, service backends or development infrastructure.
- Experience with structured development operations (ticketing, reportage, version control etc.)
- Experience and vision around the structuring and implementation of Asset Management and Pipeline-centric projects
- Understanding of and the ability to operate in a structured DevOps context
- Basic skills in GUI/UX development, and willingness to occasionally develop PoC level frames to demonstrate or propose concepts and ideas
- Familiarity with modern structured development practices, documentation needs, and the tools that support them is particularly important.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles, in particular TDD and/or BDD.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Technicolor Creative Studios is a creative technology company providing world-class production expertise driven by one purpose: The realization of ambitious and extraordinary ideas. Home to a network of award-winning studios, MPC, The Mill, Mikros Animation and Technicolor Games, we inspire creative companies across the world to produce their most iconic work.
Our global teams of artists and technologists' partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences everywhere.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.