Lead Video Editor
Oxford England GB
3 days ago
Rebellion Oxford is looking for a Senior Video Editor to expand our in-house Video team and produce exciting video content. Reporting to the Heads of Art and Creative you will take charge of video production from conception to delivery – including demos, cut-scenes and in-game work as well as promotional material in the form of trailers, behind scenes features and social media.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford HQ. We can consider permanent or fixed-term contracts employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Please include a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding creative, visual and technical ability, preferably with notes on the project brief and work involved.
Games industry relevant experience is preferred but not essential if you have a proven professional video editing and production background, with experience of live filming, as well as leading projects and other editors. Hands-on camera work would be an advantage.
- Leading and guiding the team across multiple projects on different IPs
- Good knowledge of creating motion graphics and familiarity with 3rd party plugins such as the Trapcode Suite, Element 3D and Optical Flares.
- Create and work with development teams to generate content for in-game use.
- Create content for 2000AD, film/TV promotion and company promotion.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day issues involved with the integration of video into games
- Improve efficiency of video team, tools, pipelines and methods, staying up-to-date with changing technologies, quickly learning and implementing new skills to benefit Rebellion
- Drive consistent energy, enthusiasm and achievement within the team
- Perform well under pressure, ensuring deadlines, budgets and high quality standards are met, and supporting the team to do the same, for multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment
- Creative vision and understanding of aesthetics, composition, light and framing in order to produce video footage of the highest calibre
- Excellent leadership, management and organisation skills, with great teamwork amongst your peers and other departments
- Excellent ability with Adobe Premiere / Adobe After Effects / Photoshop
- Excellent editing and compositing skills, including keying and knowledge of image capturing tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly clear and accurate verbal and written language
- Knowledge and interest in live streaming, and/or knowledge of Twitch, YouTube and uStream.
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills, able to troubleshoot and think outside the box
- Traditional photographic ability and light setup is an advantage.
- A genuine interest in playing games and preferably some broad knowledge of the games industry