Lead VFX Artist
17 days ago
People Can Fly is looking for a real-time Lead VFX Artist to work on our upcoming AAA games. Your work will range from creating gameplay effects to authoring complex set-piece destruction. Responsibilities will include owning and improving the VFX pipeline and being able to take an effect from simulation, creating flipbooks to setting up the effect in the game engine.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a VFX artist in game development
- Work on at least one shipped AAA title
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Mentor junior and mid-level VFX artists and provide feedback on best practices
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual effects
- Experience with a variety of techniques and tools for creating VFX animation (standard particle systems, fluid sims, physics sims, etc.)
- Experience creating pixel and vertex shaders
- Ability to create all source art needed for VFX (textures, geometry, flipbooks, normal maps, vector field textures, etc.)
- Able to take direction and implement feedback
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience working with Unreal Engine is a plus
- HLSL shader creation experience is a plus
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action- adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.