Lead VFX Artist (Star Wars Team)
8 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
We're looking for a highly skilled Lead VFX Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing an experienced lead artist who is passionate about the Star Wars ™ Universe and is invigorated with the idea of doing VFX for 3rd person adventure video games. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do...
- Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of compelling realistic visual effects.
- Help mentor other VFX Artists and lead by example.
- Coordinate with Art, Design and Animation to ensure VFX match the quality bar and vision for the game.
- Fix VFX related bugs, including performance and budget issues.
- Help to improve technical pipelines and VFX creation techniques/tools.
- Assist in research and development.
- Follow schedule and deliver on time.
Ideally, you will have...
- 7+ years' professional experience as an effects artist.
- Demonstrable ability to create beautiful and affecting VFX for games, film/tv, or a combination of both.
- Both technical and creative with a strong artistic vision.
- Experience working within a game engine, preferably Unreal Engine 4.
- Strong understanding of particle systems.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Houdini, Photoshop, After Effects and Maya.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Shipped AAA game(s) preferred.
- Previous experience as a Lead is a plus, but if you think you have what it takes, please apply!
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.