Lead User Researcher
Montreuil IDF fr
19 days ago
At the User Research Lab in Paris, you will be part of a dynamic and growing team that is key in Ubisoft's player-oriented strategy. This team is in charge of the organization of user tests, workshops and studies on almost all Ubisoft games in order to support and inform Ubisoft's game development teams and top management.
As a Lead User Researcher, you will supervise experienced analysts and support them in the implementation of user tests. You are responsible for the quality, relevance, impact, and proper organization of these tests; You will also support other research methods deployed within the UR Paris organization.
Your daily quest?
More precisely, your missions will be :
Consulting - Helping production teams to translate their research needs/questions/strategies into operational tests.
- Support the teams in the identification and reformulation of their needs (refinement of questions, study of relevance and feasibility)
- Enable teams to optimize the use of their UR resources
- Promote new, high-impact research opportunities for the production teams
Planning - Optimize the allocation of resources within the Lab
- Analize test requests and figure out what will be the best resources to answer them (e.g. time, seniority, project expertise)
- Define test and project priorities with the Lab management.
Manage - the medium and long term load plan in adaptation and planning
- Clearly communicate the Lab's testing capabilities to key partners (i.e. production teams, UR project managers, editorial department, studio management).
- Supervision - Ensure close management of the Lab's experienced User Researchers.
- Support seniors with the deployement of user tests.
- Be able to document the performance and progress of team members
- Define development plans adapted to different profiles
Quality - Promote a relevant and impactful user research vision
- Encourage and facilitate the use of creative and customized processes/methods.
- Make sure that the required resources are available for the deployment of these new test methods and approaches.
- Set up follow-up and quality control processes for the deliverables.
- You have a Master in a field related to user experience (e.g. Game Design, Psychology, Human and Social Sciences, Management Sciences),
- You have at least 5 years of experience in User Research, UX or User Testing (experience in the video game industry is a plus),
- You have a first significant experience in team management with a real managerial fiber,
- You are particularly attentive to the rigor of the tests you supervise, and to Quality issues more generally,
- You have good communication skills, especially with public speaking and are able to lead constructive discussions in a high-pressure environment,
- You are autonomous, organized, and practical,
- You are able to adapt quickly to changes and you are proactive,
- You have a good knowledge of the video games industry (Consoles, PC, Mobile),
- You have a fluent level of spoken and written English
We are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry!
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
The World of UBISOFT
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its production studio in Paris, where titles such as "Ghost Recon: Wildlands", "Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle", "Just Dance 2019" or "Watch_Dogs 2" have recently been developed.
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Do you want to give beautiful experiences to the players? Come join us!