This job might no longer be available.
Lead Unity Software Engineer, Mobile Services
7 months ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Lead Unity Software Engineer, Mobile Services
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Lead Unity Software Engineer to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Mobile Services team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
As the Lead Unity Software Engineer on the Austin-based Mobile Services team, you will join a great group of veteran developers to be part of the growth and evolution of our mobile platform; powering mobile features such as push notifications, in app messaging, telemetry, player attribution and many more.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned technical leader and software engineer with previous Unity experience developing/integrating scalable tech solutions for Unity mobile games, focused on working with constraints and writing performant code. You also know how to build and lead a team of engineers and mentor them on their career paths. You should enjoy working closely with engineers from outside teams to collaborate on solutions that benefit the entire platform.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with Product Management to develop a strategy for integrating new features and requirements in support of Blizzard mobile games
- Champion solutions that help build/identify mobile specific solutions for our mobile games
- Convert complex requirements into elegant working software
- Work with development partners to integrate with different parts of the portfolio
- Collaborate with other engineers, often remotely, to solve problems
- Create high-quality production code with automated tests
- Architect, implement and maintain new and existing services
- Champion quality and process improvements
- Champion and advocate mobile specific tools/technologies that impact mobile game development
- Mentor individual contributor software engineers, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- 5+ years developing in Unity
- 2+ years’ experience in managing people and leading a team
- 2+ years in mobile game development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing clear and concise technical strategies for solving complex business challenges
- Ability to weigh the pros and cons of different architecture decisions and create a clear path forward
- Experience with private or public cloud infrastructure (OpenStack / AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Familiar with RESTful design principles and microservice architectural patterns
- Accustomed to maintaining a live service
- Experience with build systems such as Maven, Gradle, or Jenkins.
- Previous experience launching multiple mobile titles
- Previous work experience with mobile marketing tech
- iOS and Android development experience, notification experience
- Experience creating tools and workflows in Unity Editor