This job might no longer be available.
Lead Unity Programmer
10 days ago
As a Lead Unity Programmer, you will be responsible for leading, developing gameplay systems to create a rich and compelling player experience, motivating and managing a team of programmers. You will be also responsible for defining and tracking the schedule for your team, managing and mentoring individuals within the engineering team, and being an evangelist for the project.
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level.
- Act as the key technical point of contact for their project
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their skill development
- Determine the technical needs for the team to work on a project
- Evaluate the fitness of third-party middleware in relation to projects
- Contribute to knowledge of best coding practices
- Conduct regular and constructive code reviews
- Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and identify areas of improvement.
- Setup processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the assigned project.
- Plan and evaluate the work performed by team and analyze the impact on the project.
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development of games, providing solutions to resolve potentially complex problems.
- Accurately estimate time to complete programming tasks/objectives and be committed to meet them.
- 5+ yrs experience with Unity in the software development industry;
- 2+ yrs of relevant experience as Team Lead;
- Experience in managing team of 4+ employees is a must;
- Extensive knowledge of Unity programming and debugging;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Problem-solving and open-minded;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, results-oriented;
- Sense of initiative, attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Working well in a team environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Good oral and written communication in English;
- Updating job knowledge proactively;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Capacity to produce efficient software design;
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code;
- Passion for game development and sense of fun gameplay
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
If you want to see your name in credits of Ubisoft’s games. Excited by the idea of communicating with IT professionals from all over the world. Passionate about technology and video games.
Ubisoft Kyiv has an opportunity for you!
Join Ubisoft Kyiv Studio and become “Serious about fun” together with us!
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kyiv and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kyiv was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.