Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Lead Unity Software Engineer to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Mobile Services team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
As the Lead Unity Software Engineer on the Austin-based Mobile Services team, you will join a great group of veteran developers to be part of the growth and evolution of our mobile platform; powering mobile features such as push notifications, in app messaging, telemetry, player attribution and many more.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned technical leader and software engineer with previous Unity experience developing/integrating scalable tech solutions for Unity mobile games, focused on working with constraints and writing performant code. You also know how to build and lead a team of engineers and mentor them on their career paths. You should enjoy working closely with engineers from outside teams to collaborate on solutions that benefit the entire platform.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with Product Management to develop a strategy for integrating new features and requirements in support of Blizzard mobile games
- Champion solutions that help build/identify mobile specific solutions for our mobile games
- Convert complex requirements into elegant working software
- Work with development partners to integrate with different parts of the portfolio
- Collaborate with other engineers, often remotely, to solve problems
- Create high-quality production code with automated tests
- Architect, implement and maintain new and existing services
- Champion quality and process improvements
- Champion and advocate mobile specific tools/technologies that impact mobile game development
- Mentor individual contributor software engineers, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- 5+ years developing in Unity
- 2+ years’ experience in managing people and leading a team
- 2+ years in mobile game development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing clear and concise technical strategies for solving complex business challenges
- Ability to weigh the pros and cons of different architecture decisions and create a clear path forward
- Experience with private or public cloud infrastructure (OpenStack / AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Familiar with RESTful design principles and microservice architectural patterns
- Accustomed to maintaining a live service
- Experience with build systems such as Maven, Gradle, or Jenkins.
- Previous experience launching multiple mobile titles
- Previous work experience with mobile marketing tech
- iOS and Android development experience, notification experience
- Experience creating tools and workflows in Unity Editor
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!