Lead Unity Games Programmer
12 days ago
Lead Unity Games Programmer | Engineering | London | Permanent
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 280 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Lead Unity Games Programmer
Hutch are looking for a Lead Unity Games Programmer to join the team in our Central London studio. You will be working on one of our successful games within a small cross-functional game team. Collaborating with designers, artists and programmers, you will work in a fast paced and iterative environment working on challenges and problems around making, releasing and maintaining a successful mobile game. This role would suit someone who would like a lot of impact and autonomy, that likes being involved in the decision making process and someone who enjoys working quickly in an agile development environment. We look for people who want to bring their own ideas to the team who want to work across multiple areas and who enjoy the freedom and responsibility of the team owning their own decisions.
- Working across a variety of tasks related to game programming Including; gameplay, player controls, game simulation behaviours, AI, meta-game behaviour, user interface, visual effects, audio effects, analytics hooks, and social features
- Designing and writing code in a maintainable and easily updatable manner, ready for post-launch updates in response to customer feedback
- Writing tools where necessary to empower artists and designers to make the game as much as possible, and providing mentoring and support to junior programmers
- Be responsible for the performance of the game, both frame-rate and memory usage
- Be actively involved in design discussions and prototyping
- Strong technical design and code skills in either C# or C++
- Proven commercial games development experience within the games industry, we’re open to mobile, console and/or PC development experience
- At least 2 commercial titles developed from start to release, having gone through a full QA cycle, and preferably beyond post-release support developing updates or DLC
- A passion/interest for making mobile games and exploring new approaches to development within the Free to Play field
- A proactive nature, with a desire to have a big impact and take a lot of ownership for your work
- Experience working with Unity is ideal
- Previous mobile games experience, working within a commercially successful studio
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/