Lead UX Product Designer
28 days ago
Join our central product team as a hands-on Lead UX/UI Designer, specialising in online services and game development tools for game designers and LiveOps teams. Build out the foundations for our new UX team in both talented designers and design infrastructure and systems to expedite delivery. Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to design and prototype solutions that streamline backend processes and elevate the player experience. The successful candidate for this role will be a customer-focused professional with excellent communication skills. You'll feel at ease working with developers across the studio, understanding their requirements, and contributing to establishing effective design and UX processes within our growing team. A strong dedication to professional development and a commitment to fostering teamwork are crucial attributes for this position. Starting as an IC you will transition into the leadership as you build out the UX team.
- Leadership of UI/UX team, including work assignment, hiring, and mentoring;
- Build out and maintain design systems, together with design pillars and quality standards for teams to follow.
- Conduct user research documenting findings to inform design decisions.
- Understand user needs and share insights with the team, promoting a user-centric approach.
- Ideate and prototype rapidly to support product strategy.
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to plan and prioritise the product roadmap features.
- Gather data through various methods to design prototypes and work with development teams for implementation.
- Deliver compelling design solutions in collaboration with developers and quality assurance teams.
- Proactively address design issues and project risks to ensure successful delivery.
- Ensure delivery of working software meets design goals and iterate on user feedback
- 8+ years of UX-related work experience, with 3+ years of experience in a 0 to 1 environment (leading projects from discovery through shipping/iteration).
- Figma is essential at expert level, basic experience with Miro, Jira, Confluence
- Proven experience as a UX/UI Designer or related role, with a strong portfolio showcasing successful projects and designs.
- Experience with building a team of UI/UX designers and leading them through complex projects
- Solid understanding of user-centred design principles and practices, with a focus on enhancing internal user experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to gather user insights through various research methods like user interviews, surveys, and experiments.
- Visualising the users journey through workflows, storyboards and wireframes
- Proven experience with applying design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries
- Deep empathy for users and a commitment to advocating for their needs throughout the design process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Nice to have
- Knowledge of the gaming industry and game development processes.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and ability to work within an iterative and fast-paced development environment.
- Understanding of content and gameplay creation process for games or experience in Unity/Unreal editors
- Knowledge about HTML and CSS to assess the feasibility of your designs
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, Ireland, US, and Canada and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.