Lead UX Designer - World of Warcraft
12 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Lead UX Designer - World of Warcraft
As a Lead UX Designer on the UI team, you will recruit, lead, and mentor the members of a growing and vital discipline within the team. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to build upon World of Warcraft’s visual identity, design language, and user experience, collaborating with the UI team and iterating using feedback to drive and polish features to the high-quality state that our players expect from World of Warcraft. You will review and approve user flows, wireframes, concept sketches, and early art direction to support WoW features. As with every designer on World of Warcraft, you will collaborate with a team of artists, engineers, producers, and QA to carry design from concept into final implementation, and be a champion of Blizzard's core values, especially “Commit to Quality”. We value diverse voices and varied backgrounds, and we're looking for individuals to help us build fun, compelling, and inclusive gameplay and experiences for World of Warcraft.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do…
- Manage, mentor, and evaluate a team of UX Designers and UI Artists.
- Work with production and other leads to manage the UI schedule.
- Work with your team to guide the player through the game by making the most intuitive and clean user interface.
- Mentor team members through creating and iterating designs, and on implementation best practices.
- Collaborate with WoW’s other discipline teams to create a cohesive game experience.
- Partner with QA and production to plan, implement, document, and test features.
- Champion work / life balance for the UI team.
- Serve as an active partner in the design team’s leadership group.
- Promote, contribute to, and participate in our culture of inclusion and diversity.
To succeed you must have…
- A desire to improve UI & UX designs and further the careers of those around you through feedback and coaching.
- A love for World of Warcraft and its universe.
- The ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Deep understanding of information hierarchy, layout design, UX process, and usability design principles.
- Be an advocate for simple, intuitive, and future-proof UI design.
- Visual design skills and an understanding of World of Warcraft's visual identity and sensibilities.
- The ability to consider feedback from multiple conflicting viewpoints and provide design guidelines for teammates to make the best overall decision.
We’re also interested in hearing stories you may have about…
- Previous management experience.
- Historical knowledge of World of Warcraft’s endgame systems.
- Proficiencies in various design tools: Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop), Figma, Sketch, etc.
Resume Portfolio demonstrating relevant UI & UX experience and art skills required. Cover Letter, which we suggest includes a bit about you, why you are interested in working on World of Warcraft, and some games you are currently playing.
Cover letters are not required but are strongly encouraged.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.