Lead UX Designer Platform - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
7 days ago
Job Title:Lead UX Designer Platform - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
The Diablo IV team is seeking a Lead UX Designer of Platform to own the player experience for our platform-related features. As lead, you will be accountable for ensuring that the many technical nuances and requirements across the services we launch on are fully considered as you develop intuitive and accessible experiences for our players.
You will partner with our Online and Engine programmer teams as the primary design owner for continued improvements to cross-network play, console-specific features, accessibility features, and be the design point of contact for any future platform releases or companion applications. You will build depth of knowledge of Blizzard’s Battle.net platform and console platform integrations as the UX partner for our social systems design team, ensuring our social features and player to player interactions are created with well thought-out user flows for all variety of edge cases.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
- Develop expert knowledge of platform technologies on PC and console to make the best design choices for our players.
- Plan, prioritize, and design ongoing accessibility feature updates based on real user needs and input.
- Partner closely with the Lead UI Designer of gameplay to ensure compatibility of platform features with gameplay features, and to maintain consistency of UX patterns across the project.
- Design the UI/UX for social systems like text chat, voice chat, trade, clan features, and certain party mechanics.
- Support the design of hardware-specific feature implementations, such as haptic feedback, adaptive controls, touchpads, or other.
- Maintain the design for our cross-network play experience and adjust or extend as needed as new features are added to the game.
- 7+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer in an interactive design field.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior UI/UX design role on AAA game products or large-scale cross-platform applications.
- Deep understanding of visual hierarchy, layout design, UX process, and usability design principles.
- Proven experience designing the user experience for technically complex systems.
- Expert knowledge of keyboard/mouse and controller specific design patterns.
- Experience mentoring and training other designers.
- Proficiency with tools used to wireframe and create interface components for modern game engines.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience designing the UX for a game product that shipped on both PC and console.
- Proficient in multiple design tools (e.g. XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Framer, etc).
- Hands on experience with front-end implementation (e.g. XML, HTML5) and/or scripting.
- Passion for the Diablo franchise and/or ARPG genre.
You will need these things to apply
- A portfolio demonstrating required UX skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.