Lead UX Designer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
21 days ago
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio collaborating with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Lead UX/UI Designer, you’ll oversee and help shape the gameplay experience from the players' perspective. You'll work closely with Game Designers, UI Artists, Programmers, and User Researchers to make sure the player experience is understandable, accessible, and engaging. You’ll guide a team of experienced UX/UI Designers, finding opportunities to shape the game we make and mentor our designers to promote for the best experience in the game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Evaluating, communicating, and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with Directors, other Lead Game Designers, and the rest of the Gameplay team.
- Translating and communicating the Directors' vision into tangible designs and features together with your team.
- Providing UX/UI best practices and solutions to multiple game features.
- Designing logic, layout, flow, and prototypes of UI menus and elements that support various gameplay features and accessibility principles.
- Ensuring consistent UI/UX solutions across the game, for a familiar style and ease of use.
- Designing onboarding solutions for new game concepts and mechanics.
- Handling the UX team and ensuring the quality of the department's work
What you’ll bring
Your knowledge of UX/UI and games shows your clear motivation for what you do. You feel responsible for the player experience and take the initiative to guide features forward, ensuring high quality for the players. To achieve this, you're open to feedback, whilst you're also able to constructively provide your own feedback to the cross-disciplinary teams around you. You collaborate effectively, are open to changes and thrive working towards a shared goal.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Relevant portfolio with UI/UX Design examples from video games;
- Proven work experience in Design in the games industry,
- Proficient user of Adobe XD or other wireframing software (e.g. Figma, Illustrator or others);
- Solid understanding of design principles (e.g. user-centered design, info hierarchy, layout, typography, color);
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.