Lead UI/UX Software Engineer
16 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you love being on the front lines of gamer experience creation? Do you obsess of details of flow, timing and responsiveness? Do you get excited about simplified controls, intuitive wrappers, and cross-discipline teams coming together to create sleek interfaces to control complex systems? Are you a leader who enjoys collaborating with designers, artists and engineers to solve challenging problems? If so, wow, do we want to talk to you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a UI/UX Engineering Lead to work with our awesome UI/UX and engineering teams to design and build high-availability, high-scale, production systems for the WWE 2K franchise. In the role of UI/UX Engineering Lead, you’ll drive initiatives to improve our production pipelines, technology, tools, and systems, to help make the next iteration of WWE 2K the best ever.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, implement, and debug code for UI/UX
- Continuously address issues related to performance, stability, and extensibility of UI systems
- Collaborate with UI/UX artists and pod engineers on technical issues
- Interpret and translate UI/UX team needs to technical requirements
- Evaluate and recommend tools and processes to ensure highest quality and performance is achieved
- Apply technical expertise to resolve programming and design challenges
- Build a technical roadmap for year-on-year investment in UI system features
- 5+ years of technical leadership
- Experience building and operating sophisticated UI/UX
- Fluent in C/C++; knowledge of C#
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to debug large scale codebases using available tools
- Collaborative; able to influence across the organization
- Previous experience in UI-heavy games such as sports sim
- Knowledge of WWE
- Passion for motion graphics and visual design brought to life
- JIRA and Shotgun fluency