Lead UI/UX Designer
14 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
We are currently seeking a Lead UI/UX Designer to help our team on their next adventure. You will join an international and successful team and will report to the Producer.
Your daily adventure:
- Be the owner of the UI for the assigned game, leading it and the team in charge of getting this in front of our players.
- Collaborate with other UX/UI designers, artists, game designers and engineering to propose and implement UI solutions for the functionality, visuals, signs, feedback and UX to ensure product consistency, for a seamless top-notch experience.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, user flows, logic, layout, UI elements, iconography, process flows, etc. to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas supporting gameplay features and accessibility principles.
- Align to design guidelines, create conventional user behavior, onboarding solutions, etc. from competitors and references for new game concepts and mechanics.
- Follow-up on final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution
- Make sure the experience is excellent across all platforms
- Account for user feedback and the efficient use of user research services to optimize the game experience.
- Provide experience and leadership, helping the UX team through problems, suggesting solutions and guiding their work into something visible.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you will work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- Significant UX experience in mobile gaming industry / designing for mobile platforms.
- Ability to use a business and user-centric approach to design.
- Be able to give guidelines and feedback on UI Art.
- Experience on leading, staffing, mobilizing and developing a team of UI/UX designers/artists.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences.
- Good technical skills in 2D software. Sketch, Axure, Figma, Adobe XD.
- Superior eye for composition, colour theory, artistic sensitivity.
- Execution of Information Architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and graphical style guides.
- Up to date with the latest mobile UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Be a team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind and good communication skills are a must.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits. Ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- Passion for games and some knowledge of the games industry.
- Good command of English.
- Work permit for Spain obtained prior to applying for the position is a must.
- Proven experience of designing and improving Shopping, Store, or Microtransaction Experiences
- Understand the components of today’s games ecosystem (monetization, streaming, e-sports, etc.).
- Experience with commercial game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc...) and knowledge of technical constraints on mobile.
- Credited game design experience.
- Knowledge of scripting language (Python, ActionScript, etc...)
- Spanish or Catalan is a plus.
For your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
- UI/UX Design examples from video games.
- Examples of design principles applications (e.g., user-cantered design, info hierarchy, layout, typography, colour.
- Examples of digital accessibility parameters, ergonomics & information architecture.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
- 25 vacation days per year + 1 day off in your Ubi-Birthday
- Flexible working hours & Working from Home hybrid policy
- Special benefits for future parents (paid absences, WFH special policy...)
- Reduced schedule: Easter, Sant Jordi, Sant Joan, July, August and Christmas.
- Flexible compensation
- Ticket Restaurant
- Mobile device grant based on seniority
- Cigna private Health insurance & AXA Life insurance
- Physiotherapist special rates in the office
- Professional development programs and tickets to international events
- English, Spanish and French free lessons in the studio and online
- Great discounts in our games
- Gym special rates and discounts in other services
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties, events and Fridays beers
- Relocation Package (when needed)
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender sexual orientation, age or disability status.
THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile brings together dedicated, experienced professionals focused on crafting high-quality F2P games for mobile. We strongly believe in the core values at the centre of our Ubilife, which encourage us to take ownership of our work, continually striving for excellence while promoting the sharing of knowledge across individuals and teams, without losing our sense of enjoyment and fun, or our respect and care for one another.
Do you want to join us in the world of mobile gaming? If so, read on!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.