Lead UI/UX Designer (f/m/d)
11 days ago
Klang Games is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming. Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company.
We are looking for a Lead UI/UX Designer (f/m/d) who has a strong background in complex UI/UX design and enjoys working in a collaborative, challenging and creative work environment.
You are passionate about simulations and storytelling in video games, as well as elegant, re-usable User Interfaces. You are motivated to accept the challenge to marry these concepts and communicate them to the player in the most immersive and clear way possible. If you want to work on an ambitious and ground-breaking project and join a team that offers strong career growth, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
As a Lead you will be responsible for the UX/UI design, mentor your design team and work collaboratively with your team of designers as well as work with other leads on high-level problems.
- Oversee the work of the UX/UI team with a hands-on approach, define structure, setup work processes, create and maintain UI/UX documentation
- Lead two talented designers, create the facilities for them to grow and support them on high-level problems
- Define and craft designs aligned with the design vision and develop UI/UX solutions that support player needs
- Provide feedback and take actions in order to continuously ensure and raise quality
- Represent the UI/UX team and deliver updates and presentations
- Collaborate and establish trusted relationships with leads and members across disciplines: art, engineering; product, talent.
- Set foundations for a future growth of the UX/UI at Klang , design road maps and planning for UX/UI development
- Be responsible for people management: hiring, development and performance
- 7+ years of experience in UX and UI design with at least 3 years in game environment, preferably strong UI expertise and ability to handle complex UI systems
- Experience in a game pre-production phase is a must, ideally in a similar game or any game with a complex UI
- UI/UX production experience in large game projects (preferably PC).
- Experience with Figma and Design systems
- People management skills; a previous experience in building a team is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to engage and lead cross-department communication
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel pass
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, and mobile AC units for hot summers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.