Lead UI/UX Designer
16 days ago
CCP London is the newest studio in the CCP family, and we are looking for a Lead UI/UX Artist to join our team and to lead development on an unannounced online tactical sci-fi shooter set in the New Eden universe.
Excellence, Courage, Unity and Honesty are our core values, and we are always on the lookout for these signals when we’re interviewing. We are an open book. Authenticity and a candid approach to meetings and interviews really helps pave the way to not just managing expectations, but also smart and efficient decision making.
We offer a supportive and trusting work environment, with plenty of opportunities for growth.
The successful candidate will be a experience Lead UI/UX Designer ready to lead a small team, be hands on with implementation and be responsible for the overall delivery of UI and UX throughout the game.
We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board.
Who are We?
CCP Games’ London studio has a truly unique offering when it comes to culture and vibe. Perhaps originating from and it’s often been referred to as, the Icelandic effect. It’s impossible to ignore. We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and who wants to learn from a great team and mentor those that ask.
- Overseeing the design, production, and implementation of UI/UX for the game
- Improving best practices and UX vision across all areas of the game
- Collaborate with the Art, UI/UX and Design teams to help define features and implement a player focused UI/UX experience
- Work closely with the UI/UX design team to define and implement the games user flows from initial wireframes and prototypes to final in game assets
- Work with Tech Artists and Programming team to help define and implement workflows and pipelines
- Ensure all assets are delivered against agreed technical specifications, to quality and are present and functioning in the game engine as intended
- Ensure all assets meet the games visual style
- Proposing a range of creative UI/UX solutions and ideas
- Working effectively in a collaborative environment
- Troubleshooting systems and implementing design enhancements
What we can offer you:
- In-depth knowledge of UX principles and their applications
- Experience in formulating and implementing UX strategies
- Strong communication skills as you will be working with key stakeholders to solve problems as well as keeping the production team up to date with progress and any issues that may arise throughout production
- Strong core skills in graphic design, branding and iconography, typography, colour theory and composition
- Expert knowledge of industry standard 2D software, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard pipelines and workflows from initial asset creation to implementation within game engine
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Motion Graphics
- Experience managing and mentoring other artists
- Knowledge of industry standard 3D software, 3DS Max or Maya, Coherent GT would be beneficial
- Experience working with the UE4 blueprints system and common UE4 middleware and Tools
- Knowledge of UE5 would be advantage
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering ambitious project with great co-workers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks, and snacks (in the studio)
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Employer contributory pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Private medical and dental (family)
- Quarterly and Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday