Job Title: Lead UI/UX Designer, Mobile
Reporting To: Executive Producer
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Lead UI/UX Designer, Mobile will be responsible for leading the overall UX flow and user experience of a new Mobile FPS in all aspects and phases of production. You will be leading the design and setting the standards for menus, HUD, UI and UX for all aspects of the game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead the UI design (Flows Menus and HUDs) to meet design and business goals
- Execute the UI vision to a high degree of quality through example and leadership
- Work closely with game leads and designers across multiple studio locations to create an exceptional overall user experience throughout the game
- Lead the creation of clear UX prototypes, documentation and style guides
- Work closely with UI artists and UI engineers across multiple studios to deliver the best possible user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements
- Review and process consumer and stakeholders feedback in order to refine the UX to best-in-class standards
- Study competitive products and understand what works and what doesn’t in their UI and UX implementations
- Secure and interface with contractors as needed to supplement team’s UX capabilities in order to meet business goals
- Exceptional knowledge and understanding of the UX field
- Proven leadership skills with ability to inspire teams to execute a consistent UI vision, accurate to the intended design
- Five plus years of practical work experience in the field, including multiple successful mobile games.
- Has strong verbal, written and illustrative communication skills with ability to align teams and stakeholders against a strong and consistent vision .
- Takes and understands feedback well from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks and/or priorities like a seasoned pro
- Has advanced knowledge in 2D animation in a UI context
- You have worked with and have solid understanding of UCD methodologies
- A well-developed sense of composition and color
- Dedicated in learning and developing your skills to the next level
- You are a creative person with a real passion for games
- A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required
- Previous PC or Console shooter development experience
- You know what a great team looks like and can lead them to excel.
- Knowledge of and an interest in usability and freemium best-practices
- You have experience in distributed development and can lead a team in UI/UX direction across sites.
- Deed understanding of and experiment with leading shooter franchises and Call of Duty games on all platforms.
- Expertise in Visual Design
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.