Lead UI Programmer
15 days ago
Obsidian is looking for an experienced User Interface Programmer to lead a growing team of UI programmers working in Unreal Engine. This individual will work with our team of artists and designers to execute on the artistic vision of the user interface for our next world-class RPG.
Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, outstanding problem-solving skills, the ability to deliver on time, and works well in a team environment. They will coordinate the UI team's efforts by communicating within and across departments, help evaluate candidates joining the team, and provide mentoring to current UI programmers.
This position requires the ability to work onsite or in a hybrid capacity at the Obsidian Entertainment office in Irvine, CA.
- Build foundational UI systems and UI features in Unreal Engine with C++ and UMG/Slate
- Coordinate the UI team in tackling cross-department requests and requirements to ensure that decisions fit the scope and direction of the UI
- Research and propose improvements to UI processes and pipelines
- Evaluate UI programmer candidates, UI outsourcing partners, and mentor UI programmers through one-on-ones and performance evaluations
- Optimize and maintain UI screens to run within established UI frame budget
- 5+ years experience developing user interfaces for PC and consoles
- Proficiency in C/C++
- An avid gamer with a passion for making games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG/Slate
- Leadership experience
- Prior experience with profiling tools such as Unreal Insights or PIX
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.