Lead UI Programmer [New Game IP]
12 days ago
Do you want shape the interface systems and features that empower players? Are you ready to join a highly ambitious unannounced game from one of the world’s leading game studios?
We are looking for a Lead UI Programmer for a new game IP here in Stockholm Sweden.
As Lead UI Programmer, you will be our key stakeholder for the integration of Ubisoft’s existing UI toolset (Phoenix) into our game engine (Snowdrop) in collaboration with more programmers worldwide. Additionally, you’ll also be leading our in-house UI implementation team, finding creative ways to realize our game UI by working closely together with our UX Design Lead and UI Art Lead.
From briefs, requirements, and concepts, you will create HUDs, UI systems and user interfaces, as well as check the quality of work delivered by other UI programmers and scripters to ensure consistency to our quality benchmark. Furthermore, you will be key in building, managing, and mentoring a team of internal and external UI programmers and scripters.
Our highest ambition is to give passionate teams and individuals the freedom and trust they need to succeed in a creative and exciting environment. We encourage people to make conscious choices and decisions, poke holes in existing plans, and express what they need to be successful.
In this role, you’ll be joining our Tech craft, and report to the Technical Director. You will build, manage and coach a team of UI programmers and scripters with complementary skills, driving 1-on-1’s and setting individual career goals throughout the year.
Furthermore, you will work closely with other members of the presentation team, such as Producers, UI Artists, Motion Graphics Experts and UX designers. You will share and present your work often. We promote a strong and inclusive feedback culture.
In this role you will...
- Collect-requirements-from and work-together-with the other disciplines within the interface team (like UX design and UI art) to inform the code systems that need to be developed for the UI and HUD.
- Implement pixel perfect localized screens from UI art concepts and UX design documents.
- Write code briefs to be followed by other UI programmers that are either internal or at co-development studios.
- Create widgets from our Design System as it is prepared by our UX designers and UI artists for game’s User Interface and HUD.
- Coach, and help career planning for other members in your team.
We would love if you...
- Are a skilled C++ programmer with plenty of years experience, comfortable refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing, and has good knowledge of MVC, MVVM, and Data-bindings.
- Have experience leading and mentoring a team of UI programmers and scripters.
- Are experienced in the full video game production cycle of creating user interfaces and their UI systems.
- Are familiar with writing shaders to realize UI concepts.
- Have an eye for pixel perfection.
- Have experience with communicating your vision and giving/receiving feedback.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply to make it yours
Read more about us: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.