Lead UI Artist - Overwatch 2
4 months ago
Job Title:Lead UI Artist - Overwatch 2
Lead UI Artist
The Overwatch team is looking for an accomplished Lead UI Artist to help drive the visual direction for Overwatch 2. As a Lead UI Artist, you will need to have an excellent understanding of the Overwatch aesthetic to help evolve and ensure the quality of UI art and design across the game. You will be collaborating with various disciplines to create engaging and immersive user interfaces, as well as leading and mentoring a small team of UI artists.
- Maintain and level up the Overwatch visual style across the game to ensure a consistent and cohesive vision.
- Lead a small team of UI artists toward crafting high quality UI assets
- Partner closely with the UI/UX design lead to ensure form and function work hand in hand
- Collaborate with producers, engineers, and other artists to implement a polished and fluid interface
- Provide mentorship and feedback on visual designs, motion design, VFX, and implementation, to achieve polished execution
- Help maintain an art style guide and help organize associated asset libraries for both internal and external teams
- Collaborate with outsourcing managers to standardize and approve assets when needed
- 5+ years of proven experience as UI Artist/UI Designer
- Proficiency with software needed to communicate visual designs (eg. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Figma)
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment while helping others
- Passionate about the Overwatch franchise
- Experience with front-end implementation (e.g., XAML, HTML5, Game Engines)
- Shipped at least one AAA game as a UI/UX designer
- Experience in designing UI/UX for multiplayer games and/or first-person shooters
- Experience creating UI for multiple platforms – PC, consoles
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- A portfolio demonstrating required UI art skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $97,200.00 - $179,900.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.