Lead Tools Programmer
14 days ago
WHAT WILL BE YOUR JOURNEY
The Lead Tool Programmer will provide technical direction and maintain a cohesive design for tools development, as well as day to day technical supervision of development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Primarily responsible for the overall architecture and development direction of the tools to ensure that all projects have the agreed functionality they require for production, that tools processes and workflow are usable and efficient, that on and off-site collaborative working is supported & that tools quality remains high;
- To be proactive in identifying development needs within the company and leading the tools team to implement effective solutions
- To plan and direct work that innovates and improves the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the tools and toolchain as a whole
- To direct and aid the tools programmers with technical designs and implementation issues
- To actively develop, improve upon and encourage adherence to standards, procedures and processes
- To ensure that appropriate design, usage and data format documentation is produced and well maintained
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
WHAT YOU WILL PROVIDE
- Experience of C++, C#, .NET, Lua, Python, MaxScript, web technologies, databases and any other potentially useful technology for toolchain or pipeline enhancement and optimisation.
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
- High level of proficiency in C and C++ programming
- Strong leadership abilities and able to direct a team’s technology development
- Proficiency in software design at both the architectural level and the algorithm level
- An understanding of data processing pipelines and algorithms, and how choices can affect performance and workflow
- Ability to organise own work, and the work of others
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to innovate and problem-solve
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Capable of conducting focussed research and development
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.