This job might no longer be available.
Lead Technology Programmer
3 days ago
We are now looking for a
Lead Technology Programmer to join RedLynx and the Production Technology department
Several studios in Ubisoft are working together on an unannounced cloud-based technology project. We aim to leverage the power of technology and evolve the way games are made and experienced. We are currently hiring many exciting roles for this project, and we are looking for a Lead Technology Programmer at Ubisoft RedLynx, Helsinki.
You would explore and create forward-leaning technology components and systems as well as lead a team of expert programmers in this very ambitious and creative project. Depending on your area of interest you can either specialize in online-, infrastructure-, or tech programming. You can be a veteran of the game industry or an experienced online tech developer who has a passion for transitioning to supporting game development.
We would also like to mention that we work in a hybrid model, enjoying the flexibility of both off- and on-site work.
- Build a team of expert programmers in Helsinki and shape the future of the collaboration and define our team’s role and responsibilities in it.
- Build robust systems using modern techniques and ideas (hands-on programming). Evaluate the performance of these systems, suggesting or making optimizations where appropriate.
- Recruit new team members and support their onboarding.
- Lead a team of experts: help programmers deliver their best, coach and support them and define their long-term objectives and support their learning and development.
- Act as a communication link between the team and other studios, as well as Ubisoft RedLynx studio management.
- Support our studio’s game projects on topics related to the use of this technology.
- You are experienced with modern game engines or you have a strong background in building online solutions in other industries.
- You have a ever-ending curiosity and passion for new technology.
- You are up to speed with the latest standards in C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Python is familiar to you
- You are well-versed in profiling and low-level optimizations
- You have knowhow of software engineering principles and other best practices and lead others by example
- You have experience in leading a team of seniors and experts
- You have good communication skills and ability to discuss the project fluently with both senior tech stakeholders as well as studio management – meaning you know how to talk tech to non-tech people!
Your working style
- You are self-motivated and have a creative mindset to problem-solving, you also know when you don’t need to re-invent the wheel.
- You are persistent in asking questions and clarifying unknowns, no matter if the issue is technical, people, or process-related.
- You think and plan ahead, and you are capable of analyzing the team’s strengths and building a plan that best suits us in the long term.
- You are used to working in an international environment and you express yourself fluently in English.
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 12th of December but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! In the meantime explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
We’re part of Ubisoft , a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.