Lead Technical Product Manager, Sketchfab
19 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Sketchfab Content Services
What We Do
We enable 3D sharing for Professional, Brands and User Generated content used by millions around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to democratize content for the open metaverse and make it easier, faster, and safer to publish, share, manage, and deliver assets to any creative applications and social media. We operate at a massive scale as one of the largest 3D communities in the world where professionals, brands and enthusiasts share their 3D content with millions of users. Our objective is to become the default content platform for the open metaverse.
What You'll Do
You will be the vision holder for our content services platform and responsible for this vision to be delivered to users and iterated upon. You will help move forward our open metaverse initiative to enable creators to deliver outstanding experiences using universal 3D assets independently of the applications being used.
In This Role You Will
- Drive the native integration and web services with external applications and platforms for sharing and distributing content to fuel the open metaverse, convert business requirements into a technical product plan.
- Own the feature roadmap for our content services platform to balance internal with external customer needs, vision, and Epic’s long term strategy to allow us to deliver incremental solutions that build toward the long-term vision for the platform.
- Partner broadly across our engineering teams to build feedback loops to understand their needs and ensure that our strategy and roadmap aligns to deliver the best possible developer experience.
- Work side-by-side with our user experience, studios, content and platform engineering teams.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in a mix of 3D content pipeline and real time engine in the field of engineering, technical product management or product design roles.
- Technical understanding of cloud services, asset production, 3D DCC tools (Maya, Blender, 3ds Max) and Open Standard (GLTF, USD) combined with a customer-focused mindset.
- Ability to work across different disciplines and teams to build a cohesive product vision for our content platform.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and using both qualitative and quantitative methods to define a prioritized roadmap.
- Good analytical skills and judgment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.