Lead Technical Designer
13 days ago
The Lead Technical Designer will ensure the quality and consistency of the technical content produced by the technical and non-technical designers on the project. They will use industry standards, best practices, technical documentation, and knowledge sharing, in order to grow and develop the team to support and enable the rest of the project.
- Work closely with the Associate Creative Director, Level Design Director, and Technical Directors to form the vision and guidelines for the technical game and level designers
- Investigate the tools, processes, and pipelines used by the technical design teams to ensure they meet industry standards and best practices.
- Propose and drive improvements to the above as needed through a clear roadmap
- Coordinate with the tech and QA departments to vet and test features before deployment
- Review visual scripting work by designers and standardize it as needed.
- Foster a strong connection between design and technical departments.
- Coordinate with production staff to ensure the teams are suitably tasked and scheduled
- Standardize and maintain technical design documentation across the project.
- Coordinate with peers across the company and contribute to the company-wide knowledge base
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the video game industry in technical design roles.
- Experience on a previous game production as a lead technical designer
- Experience with pre-production, production, and closing of previous game productions
Technical and Personal Skills:
- Strong, deep experience with Unreal Engine
- Mastery of Blueprint Visual Scripting
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming principles a bonus
- A proactive and resourceful attitude to problem-solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English, to communicate with PCF teams in North America and Europe
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work culture. PCF is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.