Lead Technical Designer - Diablo IV
4 days ago
Job Title:Lead Technical Designer - Diablo IV
We Need You
The Minions of Hell are growing stronger...
Are you a skilled Technical Designer? Come Work with us on Diablo IV and help us create something extraordinary.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we will be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
We are looking for a Lead Technical Designer who has a passion for improving designer pipelines and workflows. They are committed to learning, have a collaborative attitude, and are always asking “how can we make it better?”
You will be responsible for building and defining a world class Technical Design team, as well as providing technical and creative support to the Design teams. Helping to facilitate the efficient creation of clean and performant content. As an advocate for Designer workflows, you will collaborate with multiple disciplines to come up with the best solution to hard problems and champion the idea to completion. You will also simplify overly complex content, build, and maintain designer tools, review content, create standards and best practices, troubleshoot, teach and mentor.
- Manage the technical designers in the priority of their tasks and their deliverables; providing critical feedback on their performance to help them succeed in their craft and career.
- Instruct and mentor Designers on implementation, workflow, and tools
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with the leads on design, engineering, art, QA, and production teams
- Serve as a technical point of contact for content reviews, standards, and best practices
- Champion designer workflow improvements
- Analyze existing workflows and tools to determine needed improvements
- Work with engineering to request and refine workflow and tool changes
- Diagnose, debug and fix content issues
- 7+ years as a designer on the production a AAA title
- 2+ years as a technical designer
- Experience leading design teams
- Shipped content in multiple design areas (levels, systems, encounters, UI, etc.)
- Experience in pipeline development and process improvement
- Experience in scripting or programming game content
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of design workflows in multiple game editors
- Ability to create design documents for tools and game systems
- Strong in communication and collaboration
- Experience with creating content for multiplayer online RPG games
- Previous design experience for ARPG / Open World / Multiplayer games
- Previous experience training developers on new practices
Knowledge & Skills
- Authoring game content using the Lua scripting language
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — especially within the dark fantasy of Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, including
- Why you are interested in technical design
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with Diablo or other Action-RPGs
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.