Lead Technical Artist (Co-op Battleground)
13 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for an experienced Tech Artist to lead our tech art team at Jam City Bogota! In this role, you will be helping us develop a brand new F2P Battleground cross-platform RPG game.
As the Lead Technical Artist, you will spearhead our technical art efforts creating, shaping, solving problems, and being a force multiplier for our technical artists to deliver a world-class game. Your domain extends from art tools and pipelines to plugins, shaders, visual effects, and rendering improvements. With a deep understanding of game engines and game creation tools, you are a champion for the team’s efforts. We will look to you to solve hard problems with knowledge, creativity, and teamwork and to provide technical mentorship and guidance for the technical art team.
*This role will sit in our Culver City office. Team is open to Full-Time Remote.
- Create and drive the vision and direction of the technical art team, overseeing effects, shader development, graphics technology, tooling, and performance.
- Mentor and guide technical artists in areas of expertise and help instill best practices.
- Leads others on best practices including defining and documenting game or engine technical specifications and driving workflow optimizations.
- Engage in broader game production challenges as they relate to design, art and engineering.
- Bridge the art and tech teams and foster clear communication between the disciplines. Collaborate with engineers to optimize performance without sacrificing artistic integrity.
- Becoming a communication bridge between art, design, engineering, and production.
- Evaluating, driving adoption, and mentoring the art team on new technologies and processes.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Artist.
- Experience developing technical art for AAA games, and/or a live game on PC/Console, with at least two shipped titles at a senior/lead capacity.
- Extensive experience working in Unity 3D.
- Proven experience in defining and managing the technical and production requirements for a technical art team.
- Experienced in writing C# and/or C++.
- Experienced with PBR and/or node-based shader creation.
- Experience with render pipeline customization and optimization.
NICE TO HAVE
- Mobile game experience.
- Experience in top-down RPG/Action/Strategy games.
- Outside of Unity, experience using other game engines.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.