Lead Technical Artist
22 days ago
At Iron Galaxy Studios, our teams support a healthy work-life balance, promote continuous improvement, and champion a diverse people-focused culture. We encourage professionals from every heritage and background to apply.
This is a full-time hybrid position in Orlando (FL), Chicago (IL), Nashville (TN), or Austin (TX) with relocation options for out-of-state applicants.
Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a seasoned Technical Leader to help unleash the creativity of our art team. As Lead Technical Artist you’ll ensure that all content authored meets performance requirements, and take ownership of toolsets, materials, and prototyping. Technical Artists at Iron Galaxy are challenged to improve processes, maintain established workflows, and iterate in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate is an experienced problem-solver and an effective communicator across disciplines with a desire to mentor other artists.
- Understand, maximize, and communicate asset optimization
- Implement technical art features and tools to automate processes
- Design, develop, and maintain pipelines and workflows
- Establish metrics around performance management and asset validation
- Integrate art content into the game engines and maintain technical documentation.
- Provide technical support to the Art, Design, and Engineering team
- Foster a people-focused team environment to fuel game creation
- Mentor, train, and guide team members in areas of expertise
- Support tool creation, rigging, weighting, materials work, and/or rapid prototyping
- Impactful communication and organizational skills
- Wide technical skillset with knowledge of programs including Maya, Lua, and/or 3D Max
- Expert understanding of 3D modeling, proceduralism, and node-based systems
- Highly proficient in scripting tools in Python, MEL, C++, and C#.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, extensible, and reusable code.
- Thorough understanding of the technical art pipelines
- Expertise in translating artistic requirements to actual in engine results
- Meaningful experience in industry-standard engines and software including familiarity with Unreal Engine 5 and Unity
- Strong and collaborative leadership mentality
- Ability to work with stakeholder outside of the core projects
- A good sense of new industry practices that incorporate new software
Iron Galaxy is one of the world’s largest independent video game developers with 80+ shipped titles. Our people combine their talents to create amazing ports, epic remasters, and new experiences from the ground up. We partner with the top companies in the gaming industry to co-develop and support AAA game creation at the highest level. See why we have been certified by Great Place to Work and GamesIndustry.biz.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.