Lead Technical Artist
5 days ago
CCP London is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to join our team to collaborate on the development of an unannounced online tactical sci-fi shooter set in the New Eden universe.
We offer a supportive and trusting work environment, with plenty of opportunities for growth. The successful candidate will be a Technical Artist who is a team player ready to make a big impact on our game.
We are looking for someone with strong management and technical skills to join a highly motivated team of programmers, artists, designers, and QA working to build a varied and unique user experience for the game.
As Lead Technical Artist, you will use your technical and management experience to assist the tech art team to deliver excellence in all aspects of tech art.
- Work with the Art Director and Creative Manager to evangelize the artistic vision of the game
- Lead a team of technical artists, VFX artists and Lighting Artists, reviewing both code and aesthetic output
- Mentor your tech artists to deliver outstanding results and improve their skills, artistic ability, and technique
- Plan, prioritize and set objectives for your team
- Oversee the development of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and in game technology
- Work with your team and other artists to make assets performant in the game
- Demonstrable experience of leading a tech art team
- Expert knowledge of Unreal Engine 5 systems and best practices, including Blueprints, Materials, Niagara and version control using Perforce
- Experience of the UE5 world building pipeline using Nanite, Lumen and World Partition
- Experience of modern UE5 systems, including Modelling Tools, Geometry Script, Chaos Physics, Control Rig and Sequencer
- Expert understanding of how real-time 3D engines work, including Linear Algebra, Calculus and 3D mathematical concepts
- Experience in C++ and / or C#
- Methodical approach to work and strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Experience working with the UE5 blueprints system and common UE5 middleware
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for video games
What we can offer you:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering ambitious project with great co-workers
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Free breakfasts, lunches, drinks, and snacks (in the studio)
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Employer contributory pension plan
- Life Insurance
- Private medical and dental (family)
- Quarterly and Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday