Nimble Giant is looking for a full-time Tech Artist.
We are looking for self-driven problem solvers, with the capability of discussing various topics, such as performance, rendering, and gameplay issues with engineers. At the same time, you must give constructive criticism and generate a creative discussion with your co-workers.
As a Tech Artist, you will be acting as a bridge between the technical and artistic aspects of game development, empowering both programming and art to achieve more than either could on their own.
Our Technical Artists work with a variety of areas including, shader development, realtime VFX as well as building art tools to improve workflows.
- Solve technical problems from an artist’s point of view
- Develop and maintain shader code.
- Produce stunning VFX to bring life to our games.
- Assist in the implementation of art assets in the engine.
- Work in collaboration with programmers and artists to improve performance.
- Make improvements to existing pipelines as part of a team.
- Continue to explore new software and techniques, including novel solutions.
- Be able to proactively communicate with other areas of the company when needed.
- Have a holistic view of the project and be able to prioritize tasks and needs from the team towards the goals.
- Excellent time and communication skills.
- Experience evaluating risks and mitigation plans.
- Experience foreseeing possible problems and communicate them accordingly ahead of time.
- Be the responsible of the Tech Art area in front of the Product Owner.
- Collaborate with HR in prospects of candidates for the company.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience developing VFX for Video Games, Animation, or Cinema.
- Knowledge of physics/particle simulation (Rigid/Soft Bodys, Fluids, Destruction, etc).
- Knowledge of shader development (Unreal Engine, Unity, OpenGL/DirectX).
- Capacity to communicate in English.
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, LUA)
Founded in 2002, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading game development studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League . Check out our latest news at nimblegiant.com