Lead Technical Artist [New IP] (587)
1 month ago
Lead Technical Artist
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As our next Lead Technical Artist, you will join our established Technical Art teams, with this position focusing on Character and Animation technologies. You will supervise and mentor a skilled team, collaborating with stakeholders to ensure the creation of tools, pipelines and processes that enable our Character Artists and Animators to push forward and create amazing content whilst respecting the technical constraints of the engine.
In addition, you will support the team by formulating and creating animation pipelines and DCC tools for animators and character artists, and supporting the animation team with providing rigs and some procedural animation solutions.
You are a leader who encourages growth through mentorship, knowledge sharing and constructive feedback sessions with your team. You establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to promote a collaborative environment with consistent communication and ensure the completion of deliverables on time and to a high standard.
To you, it’s about helping to bring your team’s achievements and motivation to the forefront. You understand the challenges of a real time production and navigating the challenges faced within AAA animation and character pipelines, animation systems, and character rigging. You enjoy supervising and educating a team of passionate people in not only hard skills but soft skills too, and able to provide feedback and support to those team members to encourage their career development.
What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
- Proven experience Leading and mentoring a talented and diverse team of Technical Artists.
- Proficiency in industry-standard 3D software such as Maya, 3ds Max, Motionbuilder, Blender.
- Demonstrable programming experience, ideally Python within a DCC with some C# and C++ knowledge.
- Strong understanding of Rigging and Character Technology, or Animation technology.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
Joining Ubisoft, you’ll be part of an inclusive global brand. With us, you will build upon your ongoing success and place your stamp on the production of our games and the development of our people. You’ll have the prestige of developing and producing exciting world-class AAA games and help showcase our studios as a market leader within our industry.
With us, you will find your future in one of the strongest knowledge bases in the games industry coupled with brilliant opportunities for career progression on a critically acclaimed brand portfolio.
What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and well being and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world. We also value the art of collaboration and a sense of belonging which is why we've embraced a hybrid working model that requires our team members to be on-site for an average of 2 days per week, fostering a vibrant and creative work environment that unites us in pursuing our shared goals.
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance - hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community - with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment - with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support - should you need it
Positive mental health and wellbeing at work are priorities for us. We are a Gold Employer in the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index, and partners of Safe in Our World. We run an inclusive Wellbeing Champions programme and provide a wide range of training and resources to support all of our people to proactively discuss and manage their own mental health, as well as support their team members.
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Aaron Hooper, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.