Lead, Technical Art Consultant, Solutions Games
17 days ago
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Development and Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform! Our main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services that can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
Most of our customers are in the games industry, but we also provide services to customers in other verticals such as Media & Entertainment (M&E), manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, and architecture. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, an excellent communicator, and have a background in real-time interactive applications, this job will suit you.
Your day-to-day work will involve managing a team of Technical Artists, ensuring that our active projects are on track, helping our Sales Representatives with the assessment of new business opportunities, scoping potential projects, and keeping yourself updated when it comes to the products we offer as part of the Unity ecosystem.
Occasionally, you’ll also be required to travel to customers’ offices, primarily within Europe. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
What you'll be doing
- Manage your direct reports to grow their technical art skills and careers, and ensure they have everything they need in order to be successful in their roles.
- Oversight of technical artists conducting customer engagements.
- Provide assistance to our business development teams and engage with prospective customers who are interested in hiring our services.
- Provide input to the pre-sales process, with scoping and estimation of opportunities that involve Technical Art.
- Liaise with Project Managers and keep track of the status of ongoing long-term projects.
What we're looking for
- Working knowledge of rendering fundamentals (i.e., modelling, unwrapping/texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, and pipeline tool development). Deep understanding of technical art asset delivery suitable for real-time usage/application.
- Working knowledge of writing and optimizing shaders for real-time rendering and using tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Max/Maya professionally.
- Working knowledge of large art pipelines and writing scripts in language such as C# or Python in order to automate processes and conduct data validations.
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles.
You might also have
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience as a Pre-sales Engineer and/or Solutions Architect
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.