Lead Technical Animator [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora] (f/m/d)
3 days ago
As part of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, you will play an instrumental role in bringing to life the beautiful and dangerous world of Pandora. This is a unique opportunity to keep growing your experience in games while working hand in hand with Disney’s creative minds and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment.
As our new Lead Technical Animator (f/m/d) at Ubisoft Düsseldorf, you will lead, motivate and develop your team of Technical Animators and Technical Artists to push the visual and technical quality to the next level. You will be responsible for developing, supporting and documenting our animation systems, rigging, pipelines and techniques used by the Art, Technical Art and Animation teams. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with the Animation Director, Art Director and other leads to ensure high quality in-game animations that are in line with the artistic vision.
What you will do:
- Build a strong and versatile team of technical experts as part of a AAA development team
- Design, implementation and improvement of our animation state machines and runtime solutions
- Develop, test and maintain complex animation systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required
- Recognize inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identify solutions
- Help improving the tools and pipeline that are used for animation, rigging and implementing of animations in collaboration with our internal engine programmers
- Assist in the design, integration and validation of animation assets
- Guide/Coordinate Animation teams on demanding tasks
What you bring:
- 5 years of experience as senior or lead in a similar role during all stages of a video-game production and at least one shipped AAA title
- Excellent practical understanding of animation logic: node graphs, animation trees and similar engine editors and technologies
- High level expertise of 3D engines and in game engine implementation of animation features, including ragdoll physics
* Experience with character action focused games is a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
Please provide a portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects - be sure to check the link is working when applying. The portfolio should contain:
- Scripts or application examples, code samples
- Examples of rigs, visual effects, animation, procedural visualization
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English And German Classes For Free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you and we also have the possibility of hybrid work
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Düsseldorf region
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com/en/.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to nearly 500 people, making up several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.