Lead Systems Engineer
Wizards of the Coast
Austin, Texas, United States
16 days ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will oversee various initiatives such as platform compatibility, rendering technology, and tools. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader, with deep knowledge of developing cross-platform AAA games, who wants to work with all disciplines to build a truly next-gen experience. This role reports to the Technical Director.
What You’ll Do
- Help build and lead a team of great Engineers
- Build and maintain compatibility with platforms such as PC, PS5, and XBox Series X
- Coordinate the development of tools from art workflows, to crash reporting, to build distribution
- Anticipate problems and mitigate them with forward-thinking solutions
- Keep your team on track and ensure they're consistently hitting their goals in a timely and predictable manner
- Ensure budgets are maintained and that we're hitting target metrics across all platforms
- Mentor other Engineers on the team
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of experience developing cross-platform AAA titles in digital game production
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to identify and solve large and complex problems creatively without guidance
- Expertise with C++ and C# programming languages
- Extensive experience workings with large multiplatform engines
- A strong desire to do things "the right way"
- Initiative to push boundaries to build something outstanding
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Bonus points for Unreal Engine experience
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.