Lead Systems Engineer
19 days ago
Team Name:IT - Blizzard Internal Information Systems
Job Title:Lead Systems Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Lead Systems Engineer to help in designing and supporting Blizzard’s global systems infrastructure. The ideal candidate is skilled in collaborating with a global team, and leading technology discussions and decisions. He/She will primarily work on projects but will also serve as an escalation point for support teams when needed. This individual will serve as a key resource on large projects, working directly with project managers and executive leadership to implement systems related technology solutions for Blizzard.
This role requires substantial interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Advanced knowledge of automation systems, software, and technologies including but not limited to terraform, ansible, puppet, jenkins
- Strong understanding of CI and build pipelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to generate reports and diagrams using tools like Visio, spreadsheets (or similar)
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks as well as work with internal teams
- Experience working in an enterprise environment
- Experience providing leadership to engineering teams
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with virtualization: VMware, Cisco UCS
- Experience with monitoring tools
- A passion for video games
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!