Lead Systems Designer - Unannounced Project
12 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Lead Systems Designer - Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced lead systems designer to help us forge the player experience of our next great game! Your vision and expertise will define the game’s systems and guide our players through their next epic adventure.
Our growing team is already filled with some of the most talented, passionate developers in the industry, and we are excited to open this opportunity to welcome new teammates into our ranks. We have a healthy and respectful work environment where talent is cherished, communication is the norm, and collaboration is celebrated.
We are looking for someone to develop and drive the vision of our Systems Design team. The ideal candidate has finely-honed systems design experience, exceptional communication skills, outstanding self-motivation and initiative, and a keen eye for fun. The BEST candidates have experience across a wide breadth of systems design disciplines. Furthermore, we’re looking for designers with great people skills, boundless creativity, and a longstanding passion for playing games. If you are ready to join a team committed to quality, respect, and collaboration, we want to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- 6+ years of professional experience designing game systems, ideally for RPGs.
- Strong sense of what makes a fun and compelling experience in a game system.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor other designers.
- Strong game design philosophies.
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience with several of the following design sub-disciplines: Combat, Encounters and AI, Progression/Itemization, Monetization, and UX.
- Experience working in a co-development environment.
- Experience developing for mobile titles.