We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created. If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for
PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride.
Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As lead core systems designer, you will drive accountability for a dedicated team of developers responsible for delivering best in class systems design, both internally for other developers, and for players. You and your team will establish clear pipelines, parameters, guidelines, rule sets, and tooling proposals to support and empower the wider game team to realize a broad range of player fantasies while guarding against unnecessary complexity.
In the end, your team’s work will glue together many components of the game and deliver marquee features, affecting the experience in innumerable ways.
We need your help with:
- Evangelizing robust and reusable system functionality in team discussions.
- Refining strategic direction into specific, evocative designs that build momentum and excitement.
- Collaborating with developers operating in a variety of domains to support the design team at large with scalable, reusable systems.
- Driving one or more cross-disciplinary working groups with clear goals, holding implementation of sophisticated systems accountable to a core vision with kindness and candor.
- Cultivating the skills of those working with you, constantly identifying opportunities to help them improve their craft.
- Embracing Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all subject areas and departments.
You’re good at:
Pitching game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner,
through strong written and verbal skills.
Advocating for developers not directly on your team,
understanding them as clients who must rely on your systems to
succeed at their objectives
Predicting and mitigating consequences of interacting system
designs, engaging with feature owners and design leads to
identify such effects and generate proposals that are deeply
informed by the context of the game at large.
Extra awesome points for:
- Experience with AAA game engines such as Unreal, Unity, CryEngine, or Source
- A background in math, combat design, content design, live ops, or tools development
- Strong documentation philosophies and strategies to evangelize your designs
- Playing a variety of video game genres and titles.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer . All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Remote Policy: We are open to permanent remote work possibilities