This job might no longer be available.
Senior Sound Designer - Unpublished R&D Product
Los Angeles, CA
6 months ago
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering an immersive experience for a global audience while also collaborating on new games gives our Audio discipline exciting and complex problems to solve.
The Audio Team at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We also are always levelling up our team and techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
The Lead Sound Designer role lives within the Audio discipline. Lead Sound Designers are seasoned veterans in not only the craft of interactive game audio, but also the ability to inspire and mentor others.
As a Lead Sound Designer for this Unpublished R&D Product, you will report into an Art Director. You will work with product owners, designers, artists and engineers to deliver exciting and engaging new gameplay experience for players. You will also manage external resources and vendors.
Please note, this position does not involve the creation or production of music.
- Collaborate with discipline leads of the product to identify and set audio objectives and timelines for the product
- Develop audio vision and strategy, ensuring all sound design content on this Unpublished R&D Product is delivered
- Establish audio goals that align with the product goals, and communicate how the audio goals support the product's mission to leadership and team members
- Work with external partners and teams to ensure the appropriate process and pipeline is in place for effective collaboration.
- Run weekly work-in-progress reviews, audio playtests, feedback sessions, and more, to create high-quality audio experiences for players
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for features, systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools.
- 5+ years experience developing sound for games
- Demonstrated ability to manage external partners
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience, etc.).
- Experience with sound design creation tools (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments, etc) and techniques.
- Experience with sound design, voice over and music implementation methods.
- Experience with voice over processing tools and techniques.
- Experience with audio middleware Wwise.
- Bilingual: Mandarin speaking
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).