Lead Software TD
24 days ago
- Lead and mentor a team of Technical Directors, ensuring they are well-equipped to meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Maintain accountability for the health and success of the projects and shows your team is working on.
- Work with Project Managers and R&D Operations to write project charters and report on progress.
- Lead the relationship with major stakeholders to shape solutions along with the HoTD.
- Collaborate with the software development team to customize and extend industry-standard software and tools to meet the studio's specific needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues to maintain a stable production environment.
- Work with local Department Managers to provide meaningful performance reviews for the members of your team.
- Participate as needed in interviews for candidates to join your team or who may be staffed to work on projects related to your domain.
- Track your effort using the methods and tools provided under TCS R&D’s project management standards and be an advocate for accurate reporting.
- Ensure the final output meets the highest standards of quality, while also managing technical constraints and limitations.
- Advanced knowledge of Python or C++
- A degree in Computer Science, Technical Animation or in an Engineering field is preferred, though equivalent production experience would also be considered
- Competence with Linux and Git
- Significant knowledge of or experience with one or multiple VFX applications (Houdini, Maya, etc)
- Significant experience developing and releasing software in or for a company/organization
- Demonstrable experience interpreting stakeholder requests and delivering functional solutions
- Experience leading a team or project or sustained period as a senior level developer
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of PySide, PyQt
- Confluence and/or Jira experience
- Understanding of how data flows between departments of a VFX studio
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, we look forward to your application.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.