Lead, Software Engineering, Test Platform Web Services
11 days ago
At Unity, we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it. To enable these creators, it's essential that Unity developers are able to verify the quality of their code efficiently through test automation.
In Developer Services at Unity, our mission is to accelerate development at any scale, by providing an industry-leading software delivery platform. As a Software Engineering Lead in Developer Services, you'll manage a team of engineers focused on developing and maintaining the web services that underpin our internal testing infrastructure. From results collection to reporting to anomaly detection, you and your team will play a key role in improving developer velocity at Unity.
An ideal candidate will be collaborative by nature, with strong problem solving and communication skills that they employ to elevate the work of those around them.
Not sure if you tick all the boxes? Don't worry! We are looking for great people that have a track record of solving hard problems in similar domains. Apply and join us!
What you’ll be doing
- Defining team strategy and roadmap in partnership with product and program management, while helping to drive the adoption of tools and analysis across teams
- Supporting the growth of engineers on the team through coaching and mentoring
- Helping your team execute, removing bottlenecks and recognising opportunities as they appear
- Improving the productivity of engineers through innovative tools and reporting
- Operating within a distributed team, collaborating with colleagues around the world
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading a small team of engineers in a distributed setting
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full development life cycle (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, etc.)
- A history of managing large volumes of data, and turning that data into actionable intelligence
- Experience with CI/CD in a multi-platform environment
You might also have
- Experience working with various cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Agile development practices like scrum or Kanban
- Project management experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.