Lead Software Engineer - The Office: Somehow We Manage
2 months ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A LEAD ENGINEER HAVE AT ESG:
East Side Games is on the lookout for a Lead Software Engineer with Unity experience to join the team working on our newest game The Office: Somehow We Manage. We want you as our dedicated Lead Software Engineer who will make use of your technical experience in mobile game development. You’re an aﬁcionado in Unity3D and apply it to multi-platform games for Android and iOS mobile platforms. Together you and your multi-disciplinary team, will develop tasks, workﬂows, and processes for the successful and rapid development of high-performing and evolving products.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Lead the technical vision, strategy, and execution of the game. You will be actively involved in the product vision and strategy!
- Work closely with production and engineers to hit key milestones and dates.
- Help production understand the impact of certain technical decisions.
- Support and manage game enhancements, features, and bug ﬁxtures, including performance and footprint optimizations.
- Collaborate with client-side and server-side engineers on project requirements and communicate project statuses.
- Able to build out, lead and mentor a small but growing team.
- Be hands-on, tackling our engineering challenges as we develop new features from pre-production through to launch
- Design and implement systems and architecture for the upcoming project!
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines and provide improvements to our processes, workflows and tools.
- Maintain and innovate our existing tools for content creation, adding new functionalities and improving the engineering workflows
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years with Unity and C#.
- 7+ years with object-oriented game/mobile languages such as Objective-C, Java, C++, or AS3.
- Experience working on games as a service/live-ops titles.
- Experience shipping multiple commercial Unity mobile games preferred.
- Engineering team leadership experience preferred.
- Superlative written and verbal communication ability; you have worked with cross-functional teams.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and thrives in a chaotic startup environment.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge brands IPs that reach the lives of millions globally, with our most recent games RuPaul Drag Race Superstar and The Office: Somehow We Manage...And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits !
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly BIPOC and 2SLGBTQIA+QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus on our website! Let’s build great games together
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.