Lead Software Engineer
24 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer
Who’s up for an adventure?
Our small yet ambitious team is looking for a lead software engineer to join our crew. Do you like exploring new ideas? Leveling up your skills? Being a great teammate? Then read on!
Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive, and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, collaborative people with exceptional talents. We are looking for a talented and experienced engineer to join our team working on a brand-new project. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we want to hear from you!
Your role on this unannounced project will give you the chance to develop your dream team and build core technologies from almost the ground up.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage and coach a high performing team of talented software engineers.
- Hire additional engineers to grow the programming team.
- Bring the team together under one shared vision.
- Guide the team toward doing the right projects, based on scope, complexity, and effort, as compared to estimated value.
- Create a tech roadmap and advocate and negotiate for the prioritization of such needs as part of the larger team roadmap.
- Help ensure the team development process runs smoothly and iterate and change it as needed.
- Champion simplicity of design, and maintain team standards.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Learn and Grow.”
- Have fun making something awesome with a great team!
- A minimum of 10 years professional software engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership experience.
- Experience hiring great engineers.
- Ability to build effective vertical and horizontal relationships, to foster world-class collaboration and teamwork.
- Experience developing Unity games.
- Experience with mobile development (iOS/Android).
- Strong architectural knowledge of distributed, fault tolerant, and scalable systems.
- Experience with common languages like C#, C++ and lua.
- Good instincts for game design from a player’s perspective.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with managing source control systems, especially git.
- Experience with build pipelines, continuous integration, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with distribution, linux servers, Docker, etc.
- Comfortable with public cloud concepts and technologies.
- Experience with Document stores (NoSQL) or Relational Databases (SQL).
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values.
- A love of RPG games (tabletop or computer).