This job might no longer be available.
Lead Software Engineer, UI - Shared Game Engine
Irvine, CA, United States
1 month ago
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to help guide and grow our UI system team. This team creates and maintains the UI system runtime and tools for the shared game engine.
- Lead the engineering team responsible for building the UI system editor and runtime
- Ensure the UI workflows enable rapid iteration and are scalable
- Grow the team’s capacity to meet the needs of a cross-platform UI system
- Foster a customer-oriented culture throughout the team
- Build positive relationships with engineers across a wide number of teams
- Serve as a mentor to engineers creating high-quality C++ code
- Customer-oriented mindset and a passion for user interfaces and quality of experience
- Ability to create, plan, and deliver long term roadmaps
- Ability to compromise between ease-of-use and performance
- Demonstrated experience implementing feature-rich UI systems in games
- Leadership experience (either formal management or project-based leadership)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Multiplatform development experience (Linux, Mac, Windows, Console, Mobile)
- Game development or engine team experience
- Passion for gaming and Blizzard games