Lead Software Engineer, Tools
23 days ago
Job Title:Lead Software Engineer, Tools
Lead Software Engineer, Tools
The Diablo IV Tools Team is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced lead engineer to help evolve our sophisticated toolchain and the tools discipline itself. Through direct collaboration with other disciplines, you and your team of tools engineers will be empowering artists, designers, and programmers to evolve the world of Diablo IV.
- Manage a team of Tools Engineers; support their career growth and be their biggest advocate.
- Be a champion for the team, the project, and the technology.
- Foster a positive culture and strong sense of teamwork for the tools team.
- Provide technical leadership and uphold the strategic development of the tools.
- Forge strong relationships with the creative disciplines to understand and prioritize development initiatives.
- Uphold the standards of the team; including technical design, coding standards, development process, and the tools user experience.
- A demonstrated ability to drive technology efforts through an entire development lifecycle.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing tools in a large-scale production environment.
- Excellent people skills and a strong service-oriented attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to collaborate with, and advocate for non-technical users.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or similar field.
- A passion for supporting people and their growth.
- Experience with C#, C++, .NET, and WPF.
- Experience with MVVM, IOC, and other principles and patterns common in large desktop applications.
- Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and parallel programs.
- Strong interest in the technology that powers high-performance applications and games.
- Enthusiasm for and strong fundamentals in UI and UX design.
- Experience supervising or directing engineering teams.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY, Austin, TX or Irvine, CA.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.