Lead Software Engineer, System Applications
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
3 months ago
ApplyJob Description We are hiring a Lead Software Engineer to focus on the next generation of mixed reality apps for our new Spatial Computing platform. This position will offer you the chance to work closely with other cross-platform software engineers to design, develop, debug and deploy many functional aspects of the Lumin OS. If you are a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology, come to join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Spatial Computing technologies. Responsibilities
- Design and Develop complex 3D applications
- Collaborate across teams and driving the features to the end
- Identify & Create tasks and prioritize them per release
- Architect a simple solution in a simple and scalable way
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven principles to develop high-quality applications
- Research, design, prototype, and implement mixed-reality 3D calibration applications
- Utilize C++ to design and implement new 3D applications utilizing perception and eye tracking algorithm teams
- Implement new software integration framework to interface with hardware using proprietary 3D Game Engine and low-level proprietary perception libraries
- Develop innovative, automated testing and data collection procedures, while devising methods to maintain access to data by other groups across the company
- Closely work with perception and algorithm development teams to define ground truth data collection and algorithm verification needs
- Design software to allow customized data collection and testing at a system level
- Design and implement prototype software systems capable of real-time custom data collection from proprietary, custom-designed hardware systems
- 10+ years proficient experience working on software products
- Advanced understanding in C/C++
- Knowledge of API design and SDK architecture
- Expert in Multi-threading & Multi-process architecture
- Strong functional and automated testing, test strategy and planning and development experience
- Expert in Object Oriented design paradigm
- Able to write optimized code for target CPU & GPU
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting & debugging skills
- Be proactive and able to help with ad-hoc problem-solving.
- Must have high attention to detail and extremely high bar for the quality of their work.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle the pressure.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and anticipate business and product needs.
- Must have great time management skills to perform in a busy work environment.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Familiarity with Android Open Source toolchains, techniques, and native libraries.
- Familiarity with the Android application component model and embedded IPC mechanisms.
- Experience with 3D Math, vectors, transformations
- Experience with any kind of localization framework
- Experience with OpenGL, DirectX or other graphics API's and Game Engines
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines