This job might no longer be available.
Lead Software Engineer - Metaverse
16 days ago
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ForwardXP is expanding as we create leading edge Metaverse VR experiences. In this position you will join a veteran team of engineers, designers and other senior leadership with decades of experience creating engaging interactive experiences. We bring our background in creating some of the largest video game franchises in history to create Metaverse VR experiences that go beyond anything else on the market today.
COVID-19 Update: ForwardXP is based in Dallas, Texas, and we have transitioned to a mostly work-from-home model during this time. Lead Engineer - Metaverse VR role is intended to be an on-site role in our Dallas office once the world gets back to normal. Our goal right now is to find great talent, but also be flexible and accommodating to everyone's individual circumstances during these difficult times.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Lead Software Engineer on the metaverse team you will work on a variety of projects in VR and AR, spanning both enterprise and entertainment target audiences. You’ll guide and lead a small and highly collaborative team that solves tough technical challenges in an energetic, startup-like environment.
At Forward, being a Lead is about more than being the most senior engineer in the room. As a Lead, you'll not only help guide the rest of the engineering team in their ongoing work across multiple projects, you'll also work with Production & Product Management to properly scope and define new client work as it comes in.
- Lead the Enterprise VR Engineering team across multiple projects
- Work with the Production Team to define engineering needs for projects and deliverables
- Work with Technical Leadership to improve development tools and processes
- Contribute to project architecture decisions and deliverables
- Work with our clients to ensure we're exceeding their expectations with every project
- Prior experience leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of writing production quality C/C++, Java, or C# code.
- Experience with 3D programming and building apps in the Unity or Unreal engine
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to detail and a user-centric approach
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where priorities can shift
- Must be legally able to work in the US
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience developing on Oculus VR platforms
- Experience debugging across a variety of hardware platforms