Lead Software Engineer - Machine Learning (NLP)
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
11 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join the core group working on Speech Recognition at Magic Leap.
- This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation.
- Work with UX Designers to understand the voice interaction design and work with textual data (multi language) to train ASR/NLU models, design Intents/dialogue flow.
- Build scalable distributed system for low latency natural language processing.
- Work closely with other speech recognition experts and researchers on various Natural Language Processing problems such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking.
- 7-10 Years of Experience
- Strong desire to build beautiful, expressive products that delight users in any language.
- Strong programming and software engineering skills (C/C++).
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and/or shell scripts.
- Bilingual or multilingual (prefer English and any of Korean/Japanese/German/French).
- Experience with natural language understanding (NLU) and/or speech recognition (ASR) systems and algorithms.
- Prior experience with applying Big Data (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and/or Pig, Spark) tools to large quantities of textual data .
- Fluency in more than 2 natural languages.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Speech/Language Processing or Machine Learning.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.