This job might no longer be available.
Team Lead, Lead Software Engineer – Game Tech
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 month ago
We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our fun, talented and multinational team that helps Wargaming studios deliver great online gaming experiences to millions of players. Your primary responsibility will include working on our next generation server back-end, a microservices software architecture that can handle millions of concurrent players in an online world.
What will you do?
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to work directly on features with game studios located around the world, to help support their games that are in production or still in development. These games are played by millions of people around the world!
What are we looking for?
- Team leadership experience in an Agile environment.
- Proven C++ skills. You have a background that can show a track record of writing high performing, stable and easy to maintain code
- Experience and passion for server-side architectures and back-end stack development
- Problem-solving skills. You face problems head-on and find ways to overcome them, ideally before they even become real problems
- Collaboration. You know that development is a team effort that goes beyond lines of code, and you are a driving force in ensuring the team operates efficiently, be that by improving processes or clearing blockers
- Pro-activity and communication skills. You don't hesitate to speak up and let people know what you are thinking, but you know how to take a back seat and let others talk.
- Curiosity in the world around you. You value continuously developing your skills and knowledge, and inspire others around you to do the same
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Keen interest for Python scripting
- Unreal / Unity / Android / iOS platform development experience, in fact, the more platforms the better
- MMO engine or production game development experienceLinux / Unix server environment experience
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!