Lead Software Engineer, Game Build and Automation (Central Technology)
5 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Wizards of the Coast is building a central technology team to create high-value software and processes in direct support of our development teams. We are led by the belief that providing industry-leading tools, innovative technology, and excellent support allows our teams to focus on delivering outstanding player experiences first and foremost!
We’re looking for someone who believes that crafting high-value, shared technology to automate and accelerate the functional testing of our products is key to delivering high-quality player experiences. To begin building an outstanding Quality Engineering Team, we are looking for a versatile and dedicated Lead Software Engineer. In this role, you will be the most senior engineer within the team and partner with the Technical Director to ensure all of the products Wizards are supported by our engineering efforts. You will lead this new team to deliver systems and tools which will help improve the stability, performance, and security of our software.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Unreal and Unity engines to create an end to end code quality pipeline to ensure our code and products are top quality.
- Write code for C++ APIs, frameworks, and tools.
- Design, build, and extend automated tests and frameworks.
- Design and code platform libraries for game teams to help with test automation, including cloud-based devices and emulators.
- Explore the integration of AI/ML systems into our quality engineering toolsets.
What You'll Bring:
- 7 years proven experience as a lead in quality for software.
- Experience with C++, Unreal, or Unity game engines.
- Broad understanding of software internals, software development processes, and debugging tough-to-find issues.
- Ability to drive consensus on approaches and solutions for creating consistently high-quality game software.
- Familiarity with deploying solutions in hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- Ability to write automated tests with scripting and automation tools.
Nice to Have:
- Game industry experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$145,704 — $235,208 USD